Tuesday, June 2, 2015

PB&F

Several months ago Brandon and I were reminiscing about our childhoods together (as we often do), and he told me about how he loved going over to his friend's house to eat peanut butter and "fluff" sandwiches. 

"Fluff?" I asked. "What in the world is fluff?" (We're always discovering that we use different words for things because we're from opposite sides of the country)

Brandon explained that it is a marshmallow spread and that having grown up in a very healthy (almost vegan) household, eating something like peanut butter and fluff was extremely exciting for him. 

So I managed to track a jar down and surprise him with it for Christmas. He was so happy and excited about it but for some reason we decided to wait to crack it open so our our first meal in our first home could be peanut butter and fluff sandwiches (not anticipating it would take 6 months for us to find a place and move in).

 So on Sunday morning, amidst the chaos of boxes and bubble wrap, we finally made our PB&F  sandwiches and ate it together as our very first meal; and I took pictures of course. Although we had whole grain bread, and 100% natural peanut butter, it tasted amazing and brought Brandon right back to his days as a wee lad.

I have no idea why we do this kind of thing. It would have been so much easier to just eat the fluff right when we got it; but it's just so much more fun to make it special and make a memory out of it. That's one of my favorite things  about spending time with Brandon, he always manages to make the little things the BEST things.

So now we'll always remember the first meal we had in our new home, and we'll remember how much fun we had, and much love we felt for each other, and how grateful we were to have a roof over our heads, and bread, peanut butter and fluff to fill our bellies. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love fluffernutters! Now I want to go find me some fluff!

    ReplyDelete